PTS-2 forecourt controller
PTS-2 forecourt controller serves for control over petroleum, LPG and CNG dispensers and automatic tank gauge systems and probes. It knows communication protocols of a great variety of dispensers and ATG systems and console and allows control over any of them in exactly the same way using its own input communication protocols or popular pumps and ATG systems communication protocols. POS systems, cash registers, payment terminals and mobile applications thus can provide control over any of the dispensers on the forecourt and should not matter what are the brands of dispensers and ATG systems used – using PTS-2 controller they can provide control over all of them in the same way, PTS-2 controller undertakes all work on communication with dispensers and ATG systems using their native communication protocols and takes into account all their peculiarities. This completely simplifies work for a developer of control system: by having implemented communication protocol of PTS-2 controller you gain ability to provide control over any of dispensers and ATG systems supported by PTS-2 controller in a single way. Thus, the time required for development of POS system, cash register, payment terminal or mobile applications is significantly reduced.
General scheme of connections:
- Credit card size for easy installation in any hardware
- Supports more than 100 brands of dispensers
- Supports more than 30 brands of ATG systems and probes
- Supports simultaneous operation with 50 dispensers and with 50 tanks
- SSL/TLS layers for secured communication
- Built-in web-server for monitoring, configuration, reporting and control
- Communication interfaces: RS-232, RS-485 and Ethernet
- Rich set of interface converters
- Automatic operation with storage of pumps sales and tanks measurements to local database
- Automatic upload of data to remote server
- Cost effective
- Able to work automatically standalone without POS, or be controlled by POS or work in parallel with existing POS
- Can be installed inside dispensers and ATG consoles (for reconciliation and automatic tanks calibration)
- Provides easy way to make mobile app connect to dispensers and ATG consoles in parallel with local POS
- Built-in web-server provides easy control and reporting over pumps and tanks even from your mobile phone
- Automatic upload of pumps sales and tanks measurements to remote server for reporting and analysis
- Supports over 85 communication protocols of fuel dispensers and ATG systems. List of supported communication protocols is constantly growing. Single firmware of PTS-2 controller contains all available communication protocols for fuel dispensers and ATG systems.
- Control up to 50 fuel dispenser sides (fueling places): PTS-2 controller has 4 independent pump ports, each of them can be configured to its own communication protocol and baud rate, thus PTS-2 controller provides communication with connected dispensers simultaneously using up to 4 various communication protocols.
- Control up to 50 ATG probes (gauges): PTS-2 controller has 3 independent probe ports, each of them can be configured to its own communication protocol and baud rate, thus PTS-2 controller provides communication with connected probes simultaneously using up to 3 various communication protocols.
- Unified approach to management over any forecourt equipment: using PTS-2 controller control over any supported fuel dispenser or ATG system is done in exactly the same way by the management system (POS system, cash register, OPT terminal, server or mobile application, etc). PTS-2 controller has a single common communication protocol. Thus having once implemented the protocol into the management system (or its API) the management system will be able to provide control over any of the supported fuel dispensers and ATG systems in exactly the same way.
- Automatic mode of operation: PTS-2 controller automatically authorizes dispensers and saves all pumps sales and tanks measurements to SD flash disk with a possibility of reports generation.
- Automatic data upload to remote server: PTS-2 controller can send data pumps sales and tanks measurements to remote server for reporting and analysis.
- Conversion between pumps protocols: in case if POS system already knows communication protocols of dispensers - then it can use PTS-2 controller for its conversion to any other pump protocols.
- Conversion between ATG consoles protocols: in case if POS system already knows communication protocols of ATG consoles - then it can use PTS-2 controller for its conversion to any other ATG console or probe protocols.
- Real-time control over fuel dispensers and ATG systems. PTS-2 controller provides a hardware solution for stable and reliable operation of forecourt equipment.
- Possibility to provide control over same fuel dispensers from several POS systems: several control systems can connect to single PTS-2 controllers using Ethernet interface.
- Installation on existing petrol stations without any integration with POS systems: PTS-2 controller can be installed between existing POS systems and dispensers and ATG systems and provide monitoring, control and reporting.
- Rich set of interface converters for connection to fuel dispensers: PTS-2 controller can connect to dispensers with almost all types of electrical interfaces.
- Built-in web-server for configuration, monitoring, control, reporting, self-diagnostics and firmware update.
- Logging of operation: in order to remove problematic situations of PTS-2 controller communication with any forecourt equipment logging of communication exchange without interrupting PTS-2 controller operation is available, which allows quick search and elimination of any found problems.
- Self-diagnostics of operation: easy and quick built-in diagnostics of PTS-2 controller operation: CPU, memory, Ethernet, RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces, DIP-switches, SD flash disk.
- Constant software updates: PTS-2 controller firmware is constantly being improved, new protocols are being added and latest updates are always available for download to all customers.
- Easy firmware updating: all new firmware updates are available for download to all existing customers. Firmware update process takes about 1 minute.
- Support by developers for developers: support for all customers on any standing issues.
- Credit-card size: suits to any dimensions for installation inside master systems.
- Support more than 100 brands of fuel dispensers from various manufacturers: 2A, Actronic, Adast (Adamov Systems), Ag Walker, Agira, Angi International, Ariel, Aspro, Assytech, Astron, Azt, Baransay, Batchen, Bennett, Blue Sky, Censtar, CFT Clean Fuel, Compac, Coptron, Coritec, Datian Machines, Dem G. Spyrides, Develco, Dong Hwa Prime, Durulsan, Eaglestar, Emgaz Dragon, Epco, Esiwelma, Europump, Falcon LPG, Fornovo Gas, Fuelquip, Fuelsis, Galileo, Gaslin, Gerkon, Gilbarco, Greenfield, Hitachi, Hong Yang, IMW, Intermech, Kalvacha, Kievniigaz, Korea Ene, KPG-2, Kraus, Kwangshin, Lanfeng, LG Ene, Logitron, Maser, Meksan / Wayne SU86, Mekser, Mepsan, Midco, MM Petro (Zap), Motogaz, MS GAs, Nara, Nuova Migas, Nuovo Pignone, PEC (Gallagher Fuel Systems), Petposan, Petroequip, Petromeccanica, Petrotec, Prowalco, Pump Control, Real-Tech, RIX, Safe, Salzkotten, Sanki, Sea Bird, Shelf, Scheidt & Bachmann, Shibata, Slavutich, Somo Petro, Star, Tatsuno (Japan), Tatsuno Europe (former Benc), Tekser, Tokheim, Tokheim India, Tokico, Tominaga, Topaz, Transponder, Ucar Elektric, Unicon-TIT, Vanzetti, Wayne Dresser, Wayne Pignone, Yenen, Zcheng Genuine Machines and others.
- Support more than 30 types of automatic tank gauge (ATG) systems of various manufactures: Accu, Alisonic, Assytech, Bluesky, Dut-E, Eaglestar, Ebw, Enraf, Fafnir, Franklin Fueling, Gamicos, Gilbarco Veeder Root, Hectronic, Hong Yang, Humanentec, Incon, Labko, Mts Atg Sensors, North Falcon, Omnicomm, Omntec, Opw, Qingdao Guihe, Start Italiana, Struna, Uniprobe, Vega, Windbell and others.
|Power supply voltage||12 V DC|
|Current consumption||700 mA max|
|Temperature range||from -40°C to +80°C|
|Overall dimensions||85 x 58 x 30 mm|
Supported communication protocols
List of supported brands of dispensers
List of supported brands of ATG systems and probes:
Need more protocols?
We are constantly expanding a list of supported communication protocols and forecourt equipment.
Please contact us if you are interested in other pumps or probes brands, communication protocols or control equipment not listed here.
Connection to fuel dispensers
PTS-2 controller can simultaneously control up to 50 fuel dispenser sides (fueling places). PTS-2 controller has 4 independent pump ports and each of them can be programmed to its own communication protocol and baud rate, thus PTS-2 controller provides communication with connected dispensers, simultaneously using up to 4 various communication protocols.
Connection to ATG systems
PTS-2 controller can simultaneously control up to 50 ATG probes (gauges) (separate probes or probes connected to ATG systems/consoles) that use up to 3 various communication protocols and baud rates (each of the probe ports can be adjusted to a separate communication protocol, baud rate and communication settings: number of data bits and stop bits, parity.
At communication to ATG consoles PTS-2 controller can be used for sending fuel dispensers sales data to consoles in order to make console provide tanks reconciliation reports and automatic tanks calibration:
Reporting on pumps sales data and tanks measurements
PTS-2 controller can record on its SD flash card all the pumps sales and changes of petroleum products parameters in tanks. Users can connect to PTS-2 controller’s web-server remotely anytime and view the reports generated.
Sending of pumps sales data and tanks measurements to remote server
PTS-2 controller can automatically send pumps sales and tanks measurements of petroleum products parameters to a remote server. This feature provides following possibilities:
- independent reporting on sales of dispensers and movement of petroleum products in tanks
- analysis of data with formation of tanks reconciliation reports, detection of tank leakages, etc.
- remote supervision over petrol station or petroleum depot operation
- definition of frauds and stealing at petrol station and hidden control over actions of personal
- generation of consolidated reporting from network of petrol stations and tank depots
Sending of pumps sales data to consoles for reconciliation
At communication to ATG consoles PTS-2 controller can be used for sending fuel dispensers sales data to consoles in order to make console provide tanks reconciliation reports and automatic tanks calibration.
Conversion between pumps protocols
In case if POS system already knows some open communication protocol of dispensers then it can use PTS-2 controller for its conversion to any other pump protocols without any additional integration.
At this control over pumps can be done in parallel from control systems connected through pump port and PC port, PTS-2 controller internally tracks which control system locks control over dispensers:
Conversion between ATG consoles protocols
In case if POS system already knows some open communication protocols of ATG consoles then it can use PTS-2 controller for its conversion to any other ATG console or probe protocols without any additional integration.
Monitoring over fuel dispensers and tanks
In case if there is an existing POS system already installed on the station PTS-2 controller allows to monitor operation of the fuel dispensers and tanks (and optionally to make sales when required). At this PTS-2 controller is connected between existing POS system and fuel dispensers and ATG console (tank probes), PTS-2 controller communicates with fuel dispensers and ATG console (probes) using their proprietary communication protocols and with POS system – using open communication protocols for pumps and ATG console. Monitoring system can connect to ports of PTS-2 controller and get all data of fuel dispensers sales and tanks real time, at this it can also provide control over the dispensers when required.
Fuel dispensers sales data for ATG consoles for tanks reconciliation and autocalibration
Possibilities of the PTS-2 controller allow to apply it in various ways for provision of control over forecourt equipment at petrol stations and allow its easy integration with existing POS systems and OPT terminals at petrol stations.
One of the applications is listening of communication exchange between POS system and dispensers and sending of dispensers’ transactions to the ATG console for provision of tanks reconciliation and automatic calibration. Most of the petrol stations with installed ATG consoles do not have this option due to POS system can not provide sending of dispensers’ transactions to the console. Installation of the PTS-2 controller between POS system and dispensers solves this problem and without any additional integration from the side of POS system.
Additionally, it is possible to apply PTS-2 controller inside the casing of the ATG console. At this a scheme of connection specified on the above image is saved, but at some extra development of the console GUI it is possible to make a completely new function of the console – provision of monitoring and control over dispensers from the console in parallel with POS system. As a result, the console becomes a common system of control, monitoring and account providing:
- connection of console to any POS system, OPT terminal for provision of control over dispensers
- possibility to connect various brands of probes, which communication protocols are not supported by the console
- transmission from PTS-2 controller to console data on sales transaction of dispensers for formation of reconciliation reports and automatic tanks calibration
- additional possibility to monitor and control fuel dispenser operation from the console display in parallel to POS system already installed at petrol station (needs update of console software)
PTS-2 controller web-server
PTS-2 controller comes with a built-in web-server, which allows following possibilities:
- check of firmware information (firmware version and communication protocols included)
- check of system state (battery, SD flash card, unique identification number)
- configurations (pumps and ATG probes ports, fuel grades, tanks and calibration charts, linking of pumps’ nozzles to fuel grades and tanks)
- configuration of specific PTS controller parameters and parameters for pumps and probes protocols, system datetime and communication parameters
- configuration of users and their corresponding remote server connection parameters
- pumps control and monitoring over the pumps
- tanks monitoring
- generation of reports on pumps sales and changes of petroleum products in tanks
- logging of PTS controller communication exchange with connected equipment
- self-diagnostics of peripheral hardware
- update of firmware
Web-server has adoptive interface and was developed to suit to various types of mobile devices: PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones.
PTS-2 controller SDK (Software Development Kit)
PTS-2 controller SDK (Software Development Kit) is intended for developers of POS management software for petrol stations that want to control fuel dispensers and ATG systems from their software.
PTS-2 controller SDK includes:
- PTS-2 forecourt controller: 1 pcs
- Interface converter RS485-4: 1 pcs
- Software simulators of prevalent fuel dispensers
- Software simulators of ATG systems (probes)
- API for developers in various programming languages
PTS-2 controller SDK is required and designed for software developers for:
- Study operation with the PTS-2 controller.
- Implement the PTS-2 controller into own developed POS system or software application for control over fuel dispensers and ATG level measurement systems for petrol stations.
- Debug own software application to correctly provide control over various popular fuel dispensers locally (on the workplace) without a necessity to go to the petrol station and connect to real fuel dispensers and ATG probes using supplied with PTS-2 controller SDK fuel dispensers and ATG probes software simulators.
PTS-2 controller firmware is constantly being improved and new communication protocols are added. New versions of PTS-2 controller firmware are available for download to customers.
Support team provides 24 hour help and customer assistance on any questions which may arise with PTS-2 controller. Questions are answered by experienced developers and programmers, who have sufficient knowledge and can assist with any questions regarding software development.
Applications in various areas
1. Control over dispensers and ATG probes from various control systems
PTS-2 controller provides easy integration with POS systems, OPT terminals, cash registers, mobile and server applications and other control systems for petrol stations and allows simultaneous control over forecourt equipment from several control systems connected to different interfaces in PTS-2 controller.
2. Automatic operation of petrol station with automatic upload of pumps sales and tanks measurements to remote server for reporting and analysis
PTS-2 controller allows automatic operation over dispensers and ATG probes:
- authorize the dispensers automatically once nozzle is taken up and records all transactions into local database
- keep control over tanks and records all changes in their remains into local database
- upload pumps transactions and tanks measurements to a remote server
3. Make dispensers and ATG probes be IoT devices
PTS-2 controller can be installed inside the dispensers and near ATG probes and thus make them become IoT devices (Internet of Things) with easy monitoring, control, configuration and reporting from any point worldwide. Installation of PTS-2 controller inside the dispenser allows to make a dispenser to be “Smart” or “Internet” dispenser. Control over the dispenser becomes available through Wi-Fi, thus installation is facilitated due to no need to place wired communication lines.
4. Integration with payment systems, retail POS and company ERP systems
PTS-2 controller has rich API for developers and can be easily integrated with payment software systems, retail POS systems and ERP software. PTS-2 controller pushes information on each performed transaction to remote server, so server can get all data on sales immediately from PTS-2 controller.
5. Make fuel tankers be IoT devices
PTS-2 controller can be installed inside the fuel tanker and thus make it become IoT device (Internet of Things) with easy monitoring, control, configuration and reporting from any point worldwide.
Ask YOUR questions about
"PTS-2 forecourt controller"
We will gladly answer all of your questions!
Other products of section:
PTS-1 controller over fuel dispensers and ATG systems
PTS-1 fuel pump controller is a forecourt controller and is intended to provide simultaneous remote control over petrol, diesel, CNG and LPG dispensers and automatic tank gauge (ATG) systems installed at petrol, CNG and LPG stations and storage depots.
Controller over mechanical fuel dispensers
Mechanical fuel dispenser controller is used in conjunction with a control system for petrol station to provide direct control over operation of electronic and mechanical fuel dispensers by controlling dispenser’s internal resources: motor, pulse sensor, nozzle, slowdown valve.