PTS-2 forecourt controller
Forecourt controller PTS-2 is a new controller designed for use at gas stations and fuel storage facilities. It provides control over 100 brands of dispensers and 30 brands of ATG systems and probes using original communication protocols. Use of the PTS-2 controller allows implementing of Internet of Things (IoT) concepts as "Smart Dispenser", "Internet Dispenser", "Cloud Filling Station". Using communication interfaces Ethernet, Wi-Fi and RS-232 PTS-2 controller provides ability to control forecourt equipment from different control systems and with various configuration of hardware.
PTS-2 forecourt controller for petrol stations serves for control over petroleum, LPG and CNG dispensers and automatic tank gauge systems and probes. It knows communication protocols of a great variety of dispensers and ATG systems and console and allows control over any of them in exactly the same way using its own input communication protocols or popular pumps and ATG systems communication protocols. POS systems, cash registers, payment terminals and mobile applications thus can provide control over any of the dispensers on the forecourt and should not matter what are the brands of dispensers and ATG systems used – using PTS-2 controller they can provide control over all of them in the same way, PTS-2 controller undertakes all work on communication with dispensers and ATG systems using their native communication protocols and takes into account all their peculiarities. This completely simplifies work for a developer of control system: by having implemented communication protocol of PTS-2 controller you gain ability to provide control over any of dispensers and ATG systems supported by PTS-2 controller in a single way. Thus, the time required for development of POS system, cash register, payment terminal or mobile applications is significantly reduced.
Features and benefits:
- Credit card size for easy installation in any hardware
- Supports 100 brands of dispensers
- Supports 30 brands of ATG systems and probes
- SSL/TLS layers for secured communication
- Built-in web-server for monitoring, configuration, reporting and control
- Communication interfaces: RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet and Wi-Fi
- Rich set of interface converters
- Automatic operation with storage of sales to local database
- Automatic upload of data to remote server
- Rich API for integration by developers
- Android application for remote control
- Cost effective
Applications in various areas
1. Control over dispensers and ATG probes from various control systems
PTS-2 controller provides rich API for easy integration with POS systems, OPT terminals, cash registers, mobile and server applications and other control systems for petrol stations. Simultaneous control over forecourt equipment from several control systems connected to different interfaces in PTS-2 controller.
2. Automatic operation of petrol station with export of sales and tank remains to remote server
PTS-2 controller allows automatic operation over dispensers and ATG probes:
- authorizes the dispensers automatically once nozzle is taken up and records all transactions into local database
- keeps control over tanks and records all changes in their remains into local database
- provides remote online monitoring over operations
- provides remote generation of reports
- exports all sales and tanks measurements from local database to remote server, where it is possible to generate reports on all sales remotely
3. Make dispensers and ATG probes be IoT devices
PTS-2 controller can be installed inside the dispensers and near ATG probes and thus make them become IoT devices (Internet of Things) with easy monitoring, control, configuration and reporting from any point worldwide. Installation of PTS-2 controller inside the dispenser allows to make a dispenser to be “Smart” or “Internet” dispenser. Control over the dispenser becomes available through Wi-Fi, thus installation is facilitated due to no need to place wired communication lines.
4. Integration with payment systems, retail POS and company ERP systems
PTS-2 controller has rich API for developers and can be easily integrated with payment software systems, retail POS systems and ERP software. PTS-2 controller pushes information on each performed transaction to remote server, so server can get all data on sales immediately from PTS-2 controller.
5. Make fuel tankers be IoT devices
PTS-2 controller can be installed inside the fuel tanker and thus make it become IoT device (Internet of Things) with easy monitoring, control, configuration and reporting from any point worldwide.
- Supports over 70 communication protocols of fuel dispensers and ATG systems. List of supported communication protocols is constantly growing. Single firmware of PTS-2 controller contains all available communication protocols for fuel dispensers and ATG systems.
- Control up to 64 fuel dispenser sides (fueling places): PTS-2 controller has 4 independent pump ports, each of them can be configured to its own communication protocol and baud rate, thus PTS-2 controller provides communication with connected dispensers simultaneously using up to 4 various communication protocols.
- Control up to 32 ATG probes (gauges): PTS-2 controller has 3 independent probe ports, each of them can be configured to its own communication protocol and baud rate, thus PTS-2 controller provides communication with connected probes simultaneously using up to 3 various communication protocols.
- Unified approach to management over any forecourt equipment: using PTS-2 controller control over any supported fuel dispenser or ATG system is done in exactly the same way by the management system (POS system, cash register, OPT terminal or mobile application, etc). PTS-2 controller has a single common communication protocol. Thus having once implemented the protocol into the management system (or its API) the management system will be able to provide control over any of the supported fuel dispensers and ATG systems in exactly the same way.
- Automatic mode of operation: PTS-2 controller automatically authorizes dispensers and saves all pumps' sales and tanks' measurements to SD flash disk and remote server with a possibility of reports generation.
- Conversion between pumps protocols: in case if POS system already knows communication protocols of dispensers - then it can use PTS-2 controller for its conversion to any other pump protocols.
- Conversion between ATG consoles protocols: in case if POS system already knows communication protocols of ATG consoles - then it can use PTS-2 controller for its conversion to any other ATG console or probe protocols.
- Real-time control over fuel dispensers and ATG systems. PTS-2 controller provides a hardware solution for stable and reliable operation of forecourt equipment.
- Possibility to provide control over same fuel dispensers from several POS systems: several control systems can connect to single PTS-2 controllers using Ethernet interface.
- Installation on existing petrol stations without any integration with POS systems: PTS-2 controller can be installed between existing POS systems and dispensers and ATG systems and provide monitoring, control and reporting.
- Rich set of interface converters for connection to fuel dispensers: PTS-2 controller can connect to dispensers with almost all types of electrical interfaces.
- Rich software API for developers: PTS-2 controller is supplied with full API (application programming interfaces) and open-source test applications for common programming languages.
- Built-in web-server for configuration, monitoring, control, reporting, self-diagnostics and firmware update.
- Logging of operation: in order to remove problematic situations of PTS-2 controller communication with any forecourt equipment logging of communication exchange without interrupting PTS-2 controller operation is available, which allows quick search and elimination of any found problems.
- Self-diagnostics of operation: easy and quick built-in diagnostics of PTS-2 controller operation: CPU, memory, Ethernet, RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces, DIP-switches, SD flash disk.
- Constant software updates: PTS-2 controller firmware is constantly being improved, new protocols are being added and latest updates are always available for download to all customers.
- Easy firmware updating: all new firmware updates are available for download to all existing customers. Firmware update process takes about 1 minute.
- Support by developers for developers: support for all customers on any standing issues.
- Credit-card size: suits to any dimensions for installation inside master systems.
- Support of 100 brands of fuel dispensers from various manufacturers: 2A, Actronic, Adast (Adamov Systems), Ag Walker, Agira, Angi International, Ariel, Aspro, Assytech, Astron, Azt, Baransay, Batchen, Bennett, Blue Sky, Censtar, CFT Clean Fuel, Compac, Coptron, Coritec, Datian Machines, Dem G. Spyrides, Develco, Dong Hwa Prime, Durulsan, Eaglestar, Emgaz Dragon, Epco, Esiwelma, Europump, Falcon LPG, Fornovo Gas, Fuelquip, Fuelsis, Galileo, Gaslin, Gerkon, Gilbarco, Greenfield, Hitachi, Hong Yang, IMW, Intermech, Kalvacha, Kievniigaz, Korea Ene, KPG-2, Kraus, Kwangshin, Lanfeng, LG Ene, Logitron, Maser, Meksan / Wayne SU86, Mekser, Mepsan, Midco, MM Petro (Zap), Motogaz, MS GAs, Nara, Nuova Migas, Nuovo Pignone, PEC (Gallagher Fuel Systems), Petposan, Petroequip, Petromeccanica, Petrotec, Prowalco, Pump Control, Real-Tech, RIX, Safe, Salzkotten, Sanki, Sea Bird, Shelf, Scheidt & Bachmann, Shibata, Slavutich, Somo Petro, Star, Tatsuno (Japan), Tatsuno Europe (former Benc), Tekser, Tokheim, Tokheim India, Tokico, Tominaga, Topaz, Transponder, Ucar Elektric, Unicon-TIT, Vanzetti, Wayne Dresser, Wayne Pignone, Yenen, Zcheng Genuine Machines and others.
- Support of 30 types of automatic tank gauge (ATG) systems of various manufactures: Accu, Alisonic, Assytech, Bluesky, Dut-E, Eaglestar, Ebw, Enraf, Fafnir, Franklin Fueling, Gamicos, Gilbarco Veeder Root, Hectronic, Hong Yang, Humanentec, Incon, Labko, Mts Atg Sensors, North Falcon, Omnicomm, Omntec, Opw, Qingdao Guihe, Start Italiana, Struna, Uniprobe, Vega, Windbell and others.
|Power supply voltage||12 V DC|
|Current consumption||700 mA max|
|Temperature range||from -40°C to +80°C|
|Overall dimensions||85 x 58 x 30 mm|
Supported communication protocols
Fuel dispensers communication protocols
Baud rate is configured for each pump port in PTS-2 controller independently on the used communication protocol.
Some dispensers may demand using interface converter boards to RS-485 interface (depends on electronics of used pumphead in dispenser).
|##||FUEL DISPENSER BRAND||PROTOCOL NAME|
|2||ACTRONIC||PEC Pump Communication Protocol|
|3||ADAST (ADAMOV SYSTEMS)||Adast EasyCall|
|5||AGIRA||PEC Pump Communication Protocol,
|6||ANGI International||Gilbarco Two-Wire|
PEC Pump Communication Protocol
|14||BENNETT||Bennett pump dispenser protocol (current loop),
Bennett pump dispenser protocol (RS-485 Fleet),
Bennett pump dispenser protocol (RS-485 Retail)
|15||BLUE SKY||Blue Sky 6-6-4 protocol,
Blue Sky 8-8-6 protocol,
|17||CFT Clean Fuel||Gilbarco Two-Wire|
|18||COMPAC||PEC Pump Communication Protocol,
|21||DATIAN MACHINES||WS 16 communication protocol|
|22||DEM G. SPYRIDES||Wayne Dart|
|24||DONG HWA PRIME||Prime pump interface|
|27||EMGAZ DRAGON||Marconi PumaLAN|
|28||EPCO||Epco protocol specification|
||FORNOVO GAS||Marconi PumaLAN|
|33||FUELQUIP||PEC Pump Communication Protocol|
Extended Two-Wire Appendix
||HONG YANG||HongYang FZ-protocol,
HongYang 886 communication protocol,
HongYang 886 MPD communication protocol
||INTERMECH||PEC Pump Communication Protocol|
|46||KOREA ENE||EnE Dispenser POS protocol|
|48||KRAUS||MNET design specification,
||LG ENE||EnE Dispenser POS protocol|
|54||MEKSAN / WAYNE SU86||Wayne Dart|
|57||MIDCO||Midco Proprietary Pump Protocol (versions 3.10, 3.11, 3.12)|
|58||MM PETRO (ZAP)||MM PETRO ZAP RS-485|
||MS GAS||SK protocol
||NUOVO PIGNONE||Nuovo Pignone RS-485,
Nuovo Pignone Current Loop 4-wire,
|64||PEC (GALLAGHER FUEL SYSTEMS)||PEC Pump Communication Protocol,
|68||PETROTEC||Petrotec HDX protocol|
|69||PROWALCO||SPDC-1 / MPDC-1,
SPDC-2 / MPDC-2,
Salesmaker & ICON
||RIX||PEC Pump Communication Protocol|
||SAFE||Safe PMII Graf,
|74||SALZKOTTEN||ER3 Data interface,
Marconi Logitron PumaLAN
|75||SANKI||Sanki common communication protocol,
Sanki communication protocol for CIS countries
|76||SEA BIRD||Blue Sky|
|78||SCHEIDT & BACHMANN||T02,
||SOMO PETRO||POS protocol|
||STAR||HongYang 886 communication protocol,
HongYang 886 MPD communication protocol
||TATSUNO (JAPAN)||Tatsuno SS-LAN,
Extended Digits Number protocol
|84||TATSUNO EUROPE (FORMER BENC)||Tatsuno Benc PDE,
Wayne US Current Loop
|86||TOKHEIM||Tokheim Controller-Dispenser Communication protocol (UDC),
|87||TOKHEIM INDIA||TQCL serial communication protocol|
Iskra ver. 1.72
||TRANSPONDER||PEC Pump Communication Protocol|
|95||WAYNE DRESSER||Wayne Dart,
Wayne US Current Loop
|96||WAYNE PIGNONE||Wayne Dart|
|98||ZCHENG GENUINE MACHINES||Zcheng communication protocol|
Automatic tank gauge (ATG) systems communication protocols
Communication parameters (baud rate, parity control, data and stop bits) are configured for each probe port in PTS-2 controller independently on the used communication protocol.
|##||ATG SYSTEM BRAND||PROTOCOL NAME|
|1||ACCU||PD-300 Communication Protocol|
Gilbarco Veeder Root
||BLUE SKY||Gilbarco Veeder Root|
Smart-probe communication protocol
||EBW||Gilbarco Veeder Root|
||ENRAF||Enraf Height protocol,
Enraf Volume protocol
Gilbarco Veeder Root
||FRANKLIN FUELING||Gilbarco Veeder Root|
||GAMICOS||GLT622 console communication protocol|
|12||GILBARCO VEEDER ROOT||Gilbarco Veeder Root,
Gilbarco Dispenser Interface Protocol (DIM)
||HONG YANG||Gilbarco Veeder Root|
|15||HUMANENTEC||520S Communication Protocol|
|16||INCON||Gilbarco Veeder Root|
|17||LABKO||Labkotec POS interface protocol|
|18||MTS ATG SENSORS||MTS USTD|
||NORTH FALCON||North Falcon,
Gilbarco Veeder Root
||OMNTEC||Gilbarco Veeder Root|
Gilbarco Veeder Root
|23||QINGDAO GUIHE||Gilbarco Veeder Root,
Qingdao Guihe MODBUS RTU
|24||START ITALIANA||Start Italiana SMT/XMT,
Gilbarco Veeder Root
|25||STRUNA||Struna Kedr spec. 1.4|
|27||VEGA||Vega ASCII protocol|
|28||WINDBELL||Windbell smart-probe communication protocol|
Need more protocols?
We are constantly expanding a list of supported communication protocols and forecourt equipment.
Please contact us if you are interested in other pumps or probes brands, communication protocols or control equipment not listed here.
Connection to fuel dispensers
PTS-2 controller can simultaneously control up to 64 fuel dispenser sides (fueling places). PTS-2 controller has 4 independent pump ports and each of them can be programmed to its own communication protocol and baud rate, thus PTS-2 controller provides communication with connected dispensers, simultaneously using up to 4 various communication protocols.
Connection to ATG systems
PTS-2 controller can simultaneously control up to 16 ATG probes (gauges) (separate probes or probes connected to ATG systems/consoles) that use up to 3 various communication protocols and baud rates (each of the probe ports can be adjusted to a separate communication protocol, baud rate and communication settings: number of data bits and stop bits, parity.
At communication to ATG consoles PTS-2 controller can be used for sending fuel dispensers sales data to consoles in order to make console provide tanks reconciliation reports and automatic tanks calibration:
Reporting on pumps’ sales data and tanks’ measurements
PTS-2 controller can record on its SD flash card all the pumps’ sales and changes of petroleum products parameters in tanks. Users can connect to PTS-2 controller’s web-server remotely anytime and view the reports generated.
Sending of pumps’ sales data and tanks’ measurements to remote server
PTS-2 controller can automatically send pumps’ sales and tanks’ measurements of petroleum products parameters to a remote server. This feature provides following possibilities:
- independent reporting on sales of dispensers and movement of petroleum products in tanks
- analysis of data with formation of tanks reconciliation reports, detection of tank leakages, etc.
- remote supervision over petrol station or petroleum depot operation
- definition of frauds and stealing at petrol station and hidden control over actions of personal
- generation of consolidated reporting from network of petrol stations and tank depots
Conversion between pumps protocols
In case if POS system already knows some open communication protocol of dispensers then it can use PTS-2 controller for its conversion to any other pump protocols without any additional integration.
At this control over pumps can be done in parallel from control systems connected through pump port and PC port, PTS-2 controller internally tracks which control system locks control over dispensers:
Conversion between ATG consoles protocols
In case if POS system already knows some open communication protocols of ATG consoles then it can use PTS-2 controller for its conversion to any other ATG console or probe protocols without any additional integration.
Monitoring over fuel dispensers and tanks
In case if there is an existing POS system already installed on the station PTS-2 controller allows to monitor operation of the fuel dispensers and tanks (and optionally to make sales when required). At this PTS-2 controller is connected between existing POS system and fuel dispensers and ATG console (tank probes), PTS-2 controller communicates with fuel dispensers and ATG console (probes) using their proprietary communication protocols and with POS system – using open communication protocols for pumps and ATG console. Monitoring system can connect to ports of PTS-2 controller and get all data of fuel dispensers sales and tanks real time, at this it can also provide control over the dispensers when required.
Fuel dispensers sales data for ATG consoles for tanks reconciliation and autocalibration
Possibilities of the PTS-2 controller allow to apply it in various ways for provision of control over forecourt equipment at petrol stations and allow its easy integration with existing POS systems and OPT terminals at petrol stations.
One of the applications is listening of communication exchange between POS system and dispensers and sending of dispensers’ transactions to the ATG console for provision of tanks’ reconciliation and automatic calibration. Most of the petrol stations with installed ATG consoles do not have this option due to POS system can not provide sending of dispensers’ transactions to the console. Installation of the PTS-2 controller between POS system and dispensers solves this problem and without any additional integration from the side of POS system.
Additionally, it is possible to apply PTS-2 controller inside the casing of the ATG console. At this a scheme of connection specified on the above image is saved, but at some extra development of the console GUI it is possible to make a completely new function of the console – provision of monitoring and control over dispensers from the console in parallel with POS system. As a result, the console becomes a common system of control, monitoring and account providing:
- connection of console to any POS system, OPT terminal for provision of control over dispensers
- possibility to connect various brands of probes, which communication protocols are not supported by the console
- transmission from PTS-2 controller to console data on sales transaction of dispensers for formation of reconciliation reports and automatic tanks calibration
- additional possibility to monitor and control fuel dispenser operation from the console display in parallel to POS system already installed at petrol station (needs update of console software)
PTS-2 controller web-server
PTS-2 controller comes with a built-in web-server, which allows following possibilities:
- check of general information of firmware and communication protocols included
- check of state of battery, SD flash card, unique identification number
- configuration of pumps (fuel dispensers) and ATG probes ports
- configuration of fuel grades
- configuration of tanks
- linking of pumps’ nozzles to fuel grades and tanks
- configuration of PTS-2 controller parameters and specific parameters for pumps and probes protocols
- configuration of system settings (system time, PTS-2 controller and remote server communication parameters)
- provision of control and monitoring over the connected pumps
- monitoring over connected probes
- generation of reports on pumps’ sales and changes of petroleum products in tanks
- self-diagnostics of PTS-2 controller peripheral hardware
- update of the PTS-2 controller firmware
- logging of PTS-2 controller communication exchange with connected equipment
Web-server has adoptive interface and was developed to suit to various types of mobile devices: PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones.
PTS-2 controller SDK (Software Development Kit)
PTS-2 controller SDK (Software Development Kit) is intended for developers of POS management software for petrol stations that want to control fuel dispensers and ATG systems from their software.
PTS-2 controller SDK includes:
- PTS-2 forecourt controller: 1 pcs
- Interface converter RS485-4: 1 pcs
- Software simulators of prevalent fuel dispensers
- Software simulators of ATG systems (probes)
- API for developers in various programming languages
PTS-2 controller SDK is required and designed for software developers for:
- Study operation with the PTS-2 controller.
- Implement the PTS-2 controller into own developed POS system or software application for control over fuel dispensers and ATG level measurement systems for petrol stations.
- Debug own software application to correctly provide control over various popular fuel dispensers locally (on the workplace) without a necessity to go to the petrol station and connect to real fuel dispensers and ATG probes using supplied with PTS-2 controller SDK fuel dispensers and ATG probes software simulators.
PTS-2 controller firmware is constantly being improved and new communication protocols are added. New versions of PTS-2 controller firmware are available for download to customers.
Support team provides 24 hour help and customer assistance on any questions which may arise with PTS-2 controller. Questions are answered by experienced developers and programmers, who have sufficient knowledge and can assist with any questions regarding software development.
Ask YOUR questions about
"PTS-2 forecourt controller"
We will gladly answer all of your questions!
Other products of section:
PTS-1 controller over fuel dispensers and ATG systems
PTS-1 fuel pump controller is a forecourt controller and is intended to provide simultaneous remote control over petrol, diesel, CNG and LPG dispensers and automatic tank gauge (ATG) systems installed at petrol, CNG and LPG stations and storage depots.
GB dispenser interface converter
GB 2-wire interface converters (RS-485/RS-232 to 2-wire current loop and backwards) are intended for communication with dispensers (Gilbarco, Tankanlagen Salzkotten, Batchen Email, Kraus, Prowalco, Bennett and others) using 2-wire current loop interface through interfaces RS-232, RS-485 (2 wires).
TH dispenser interface converter
TH 3-wire interface converters (RS-485/RS-232 to 3-wire current loop and backwards) are intended for communication with dispensers (Tokheim, Satam, Emgaz Dragon, Kalvacha, Kraus, others) using 3-wire current loop interface through interfaces RS-232, RS-485 (2 wires).
HY dispenser interface converter
HY 4-wire interface converters (RS-485/RS-232 to 4-wire current loop and backwards) are intended for communication with dispensers (HongYang, Star) using 4-wire current loop interface through interfaces RS-232, RS-485 (2 wires).
NP dispenser interface converter
NP 4-wire interface converters (RS-485/RS-232 to 4-wire current loop and backwards) are intended for communication with dispensers Nuovo Pignone using 4-wire current loop interface through interfaces RS-232, RS-485 (2 wires).
LP dispenser interface converter
LP 3-wire interface converter (RS-485/RS-232 to 3-wire current loop and backwards) is intended for communication with fuel dispensers ( Logitron, Emgaz Dragon, Gilbarco Marconi, Fornovo LPG, others), which use 3-wire current loop interface, through interfaces RS-232, RS-485 (half-duplex).
NZ dispenser interface converter
NZ 2-wire interface converters (RS-485/RS-232 to 2-wire current loop and backwards) are intended for communication with dispensers (Actronic, Agira, Batchen, Compac, Intermech, PEC (Gallagher Fuel Systems), others) using 2-wire current loop interface through interfaces RS-232, RS-485 (2 wires).
NA dispenser interface converter
Dispenser interface converter NA (RS-485/RS-232 to non-addressable RS-422/RS-485/RS-232 and backwards) are intended for communication with fuel dispensers Censtar, which do not have a communication address in communication protocol and use one of the following interfaces (RS-422, RS-232, RS-485).
RS-485 to RS-232 dispenser interface converter
RS-485 to RS-232 dispenser interface converter (RS-485 to RS-232 interface and backwards) is used for communication with fuel dispensers, which use RS-232 interface, through interfaces RS-232, RS-485 (half-duplex).
Wireless interface converter RFC
RFC converter is appointed for establishing of wireless communication between devices having interfaces RS-232 and RS-485.
Controller over mechanical fuel dispensers
Mechanical fuel dispenser controller is used in conjunction with a control system for petrol station to provide direct control over operation of electronic and mechanical fuel dispensers by controlling dispenser’s internal resources: motor, pulse sensor, nozzle, slowdown valve.
USB to RS-232 interface converter
USB to RS-232 interface converter is intended for conversion from USB interface (USB 1.1, USB 2.0) into two independent RS-232 interfaces in duplex and half-duplex modes of data exchange.