Flame detectors Almaz
Flame detector Almaz is designed to detect flame coming from sources of fire and accompanied by ultraviolet (UV) radiation in the wavelength range from 220 to 280 nm. Detector is used in structure of automated fire detection systems together with alarm control or alarm actuating devices, that provide power supply voltage 12-30 V in the line of fire alarm. There are 2 modifications of the detector present:
- general modification for installation in premises of various buildings and structures, also installation of the detector is possible outdoors under a canopy (for example, to protect gas stations, oil depots, and so on).
- explosion-proof modification for installation in explosion dangerous places (for example on factories, mines, chemicals warehouses, others).
Operation principle #
Flame detector Almaz uses modern indicator of ultra-violet radiation as a flame sensor. This creates immunity of the device to sunlight, light from incandescent lamps and fluorescent lamps.
On this graph you can see that a narrow spectral sensitivity region of the detector does not intersect with the relative characteristics of sunlight and tungsten light. Therefore, in contrast to similar flame detectors working on converting the infrared (IR) spectrum of light, the installation of the Detector ALMAZ can be realized anywhere in the protected premises, including, in front of windows or in the immediate vicinity of the lighting fixtures. Also the detector does not react to sources of heat radiation.
Moreover, at this distance the unit detects a flame created by the combustion of petroleum products as well as various alcohols, coal, wood, synthetic fibers, plastics, textile, rubber, pulp and paper products, paints and etc.
Options for connecting the detector to the fire alarm system #
- 2-wire connection to the fire alarm: the detector carries out the function of transmitting the "FIRE" signal by changing the value of the consumed current
- 4-wire connection to the fire alarm: the detector carries out the function of transmitting the "FIRE" signal by opening the signal loop
- 4-wire connection to the fire alarm: the detector carries out the function of transmitting the "FIRE" signal by closing the signal loop.
Technical specifications #
|Maximal distance of flame detection (0,1 m2 area)||up to 50 m|
|Viewing angle||not less than 90 °|
|Supply voltage||10-30 V DC|
|Current consumption in standby mode||not more than 0.25 mA|
|Current consumption in emergency mode||not more than 25 mA|
||Ø90 x 65 x 150 mm|
|Operating temperatures range||up -25 to +55 °С|
|Degree of case protection:
Test equipment #
Test hand-held lamp "Lihtar-UV" can be used for for test operability of flame detectors Almaz installed in explosion-dangerous areas.